Sunday, December 28, 2014

Christmas Traditions...

I know Christmas is over (and I have even taken down our decorations ha ha) but I wanted to share some of our Christmas traditions with you..

I absolutely love Christmas and believe it is a time for family and a time for giving.  The whole month is just so exciting when you have kids and they are looking forward to Christmas day.  We try to watch all of the Christmas movies that come on TV and we love to bake and just spend time together.



We are one of those families that do Santa.  I think it is so fun and magical.  My almost 10 year old still believes in Santa.  I have used the "Capture the Magic" website in the past, and this year I used the Kringl app.  They loved this video that I made...





We used to travel at Christmas, but now that we have three kids it is hard to travel around and especially with Ryan.  We always bake cookies for Santa. This year we baked chocolate chip.  I used the hershey recipe (on the back of the chocolate chip bag) and they turned out so good!!  We left the cookies and milk out for Santa and the Cats really liked that!  They thought the milk was for them... LOL  I had to keep going over and getting Gizzie out of the milk.  Daddy (I mean Santa haha) didn't really want to drink the milk after the cat.



Every year, it is also a tradition for me to make Cinnamon Rolls.  I always make them on Christmas Eve and then bake them Christmas morning so they are warm and fresh.  This year I decided to try The Pioneer Woman's cinnamon roll recipe, and let me tell you, they did not disappoint!!  Her recipe made SEVEN pans of cinnamon rolls, so we made a few Christmas deliveries to our friends.  I believe I will use her recipe from here on out.



It never fails in our house (or any house with kids) that we are up at 6am on Christmas morning.  To be honest, I was as excited as the kids and hardly slept the night before.  It is so exciting to hear them run in our room and exclaim that Santa came.  I just love their excitement!



We take a little longer to start opening presents because we have to get Ryan out of bed and that takes a little bit to get him all situated.  We put the TV on the radio station that plays christmas music and we open one at a time so we can see what everyone gets.  This was the year of screaming I guess because every present that Zack opened, he just let out a very high pitched scream.  It was so funny.  He was so excited.



This year we did something different and we (Santa) sent the kids on a scavenger hunt for one of their bigger presents.  It was so fun watching them work together and reading the clues to find their gift.
Over all we had a really good day full of blessings, and food, and family time.



I would love to know in the comments what some of your Christmas Traditions are!

I hope you and yours had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips