Wednesday, January 7, 2015

What I Really Look Like...

It is really easy to hide behind the computer screen and pretend you are thin.  You can trick people into thinking that you are a size little... if all they see is your face that has 2 or 3 filters there to make you look thin and young, and the right camera angle.  Hold the camera up a bit and smile.  It is okay. We all do it.  Even I do...

I did it here...



And here....


 And right here...





And here....

oh, and here...



And even had my photographer do it here (who is so awesome and talented)!!





















The truth is... I am obese.  Yes, I am 5' tall and I weigh 60 more pounds than I should for my height.  It's okay. I am working on it very hard and have several goals set up to help me achieve my weight loss.  I am not proud of it nor am I blaming anyone but me, but I want it to end.. The hiding behind things so no one knows.  Hiding in pictures or not even being in the pictures at all because I don't want to face the reality that I am not where I need to be in my health.  I want to be healthy.  I don't want to be thin or skinny!!  I want to be HEALTHY.  Healthy for me. Healthy for my kids and my husband (who loves me no matter what, but still).  So, you want to see what I really look like?

This is the real me...

 

It's amazing what a phone camera angle can do for you!!  I have only showed you what I wanted you to see.. up until now.  People tell me that I am beautiful, and some days I feel beautiful but I am not healthy. I have a long ways to go but I am going to work hard on ME.  I am not going to compare myself to anyone.  I am not going to stand on the scale.  I AM going to work hard and find a change that I can live with forever.  No fads, no diets, no magic pill... just a lifelong change so I never go back to not loving myself.  (To clarify, I do love my inside and my heart, but not my outside.)  I love the pictures that Sandy took of our family and I will always cherish them, but I will be honest with you... I was actually terrified to look at them.  Why? Because I was in them.  I had to look at myself and see how I have let myself go.  I had to face reality.  Time to change that!

Wanna know my plan?

I plan on doing the C25k program.  I have a treadmill and have been successful with this in the past but got discouraged and stopped running.  I wish I never did, but I can't have regrets.  I also plan to lift weights and do different exercises in-between my running to build lean muscle and tone.  I love Blogilates and Burst workouts.  I just joined a fun group called Project Run, and if you would like to join too just click HERE.  My friend Sarah created the group and she is so sweet!

I also plan on changing how much I eat... KEY WORDS "how much", not "what".  We already eat very healthy foods, so why am I not loosing weight, you ask?  Because I OVEREAT.  I over eat all the time.  I am going to start watching my portions and start eating a healthy snack between each meal.  I plan on having at least one smoothee a day.  I have tons of smoothee recipes and I have found a protein mix that works great for me.  I can have goodies too, but in moderation.  If you tell me I can't eat sweets, then I will want to go eat sweets.  I am not saying that I will indulge in sweets every day, but maybe once a week I will have a small treat.

Lastly, I plan on taking my vitamins that keep me healthy and give me energy, as well as drinking more water.  I also take energy chews and drink energy tea to keep me going.  (if you want to know more about the vitamins and protein mix, just ask and I will be happy to tell you more about what works for me.)  I don't drink soda and plan to only drink energy tea, a morning cup of coffee, and water.  Water, water, and more water.  I have a very hard time with this... do you?  I am going to find an app on my phone that will help me drink more water... or at least remind me to. LOL

I would love to know if you are on a weightloss journey of your own.  What things do you use to motivate you?  What workouts do you like?  What healthy recipes do you love?  Please share in the comments or email me at jnjkendrick@gmail.com.  :)

Thanks for stopping by and if you want to follow my daily journey, you can follow me HERE.

  


Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Julia, I never knew you were so .... short! :) Looks like your son on the left is catching up to you, like mine are and the older ones passed me up. Thank goodness! Of course you are beautiful at any weight, but I wish you the best in your journey to health and feeling better in your clothes. Sounds like you are ready to do this for the right reasons, for YOU. I tried half heartedly for years to lose weight,but when I decided I wanted to do it for me, I did it. Good luck on all your plans and have fun! Love, Paula Adams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! Yes, I am very short and my very tall hubby doesn't help matters. LOL He is 6'5". Thank you so much for your sweet comments! You are such an inspiration to me! :)

      Delete
  2. We are on the same journey! Seriously, just crop my head on your body and it's me. I'm so glad you joined Project Run with me. Here's to an amazing 2015!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comments, Sarah! We can do this together! Thank you so much for your awesome page, and I look forward to the support and encouragement that I know I will get from that community! :)

      Delete
  3. Love Love Love this post! You are beautiful inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christy!! I think you are pretty beautiful inside and out yourself! :)

      Delete
  4. First off, we just named our fourth babe (born on the 4th of july) Julia! Obviously, I love your name.;) Secondly, follow @thebirdspapaya on IG. She has lost 100 pounds with simple excercises at home and eating clean. She's a real inspiration. Get it, girl!! hugs...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips