Friday, January 31, 2014

Healthier Peanut Butter Cookies....


I LOVE cookies and I especially love peanut butter cookies, but my husband and I have been trying to eat a lot healthier.  Having cookies around can be dangerous because I have a hard time just eating one or two and walking away.  I may or may not look like the cookie monster... Ha!

I have been craving something sweet so I decided to make my Peanut Butter Cookies and change the recipe a bit to make them a little healthier for us.  I used coconut oil instead of shortening, and Shaklee 180 powder to add some extra protein and leucine. 

I hope you can try them, and if you do I would love for you to comment here or on my Facebook Page and let me know what you thought of them!

Healthier Peanut Butter Cookies:

You will need:

1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup all natural peanut butter
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup of butter, softened
1 large egg
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Heat oven to 375°.
Beat granulated sugar, the brown sugar, peanut butter, shortening, butter and egg in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until very fluffy.  Stir in flour, 180 powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls. (I used my small cookie scoop)  Flatten tops in criss cross pattern with fork. 
Bake 9 minutes or until light brown.  



Cool and enjoy with a glass of milk.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips