Friday, November 8, 2013

Organizing On a Budget: Turning ugly boxes into cute storage...


I have been saving my Shaklee boxes from my monthly shipments for a few months and have been using them in my office in my cube shelf.  I was starting to get tired of looking at them because they were so ugly and almost threw them away.  



I was at the dollar store the other day and found some really cute contact paper and it gave me a great idea to wrap the boxes in the paper to make them look better.


I thought the pattern was so cute!  



I had the best company in my office when I was getting the project ready.  Our kitty, Gizzy loves to perch on the top of my desk and watch me work.


I measured how much contact paper I would need and had enough from each strip to cover two boxes at a time.





I wrapped the outside of the box first leaving extra paper on the top and bottom of the box.  I then folded the extra paper in and tucked it away kind of like wrapping a present.


I loved how they turned out and the really look good on my shelf!
I payed $1.75 for the whole project and I LOVE to save money!




I like that everything looks uniform.  I am thinking about spraying the inside of the boxes yellow, but that will have to be another day. 

Come back monday to read about how my Celebration and visit with Erin went last Saturday!
I can't wait to share the pictures with you. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I like this idea a lot. very cute and a great way to save money. My blog is about being budget friendly so I'm going to share your post on my Facebook page.
    Karissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Karissa! I love saving money so I am going to go check out your blog! Thanks so much for the share and I hope you have a great weekend. Julia

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips