Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Home Tour 2013....


Isn't it beautiful! It takes so much time for me to clean and decorate this place but we just love to call it home!!  Oh wait...  That's the Biltmore Estate.  LOL  One can dream a little right? 


Ok Ok, this is our real house:


Our home has an open floor plan, which I LOVE and I couldn't imagine living somewhere where we didn't have the open floor plan.  It does make it harder to decorate, but I love that I can be in any of the main rooms in our home and we can all still be together.

We will start with the living room since it is the first room you come to when you enter our home.

Not long ago I did a transformation on my Living room in 24 hours.  You can read about it HERE.







I love my living room!  It is very warm and cozy and it is where we spend the most of our time as a family.

Next is our dining room.  We eat dinner together as a family every evening here.


We bought our table at Schewells on sale and I love it!  We will probably have to refinish the top when the kids move out, but it is an awesome table that expands to seat two more people.  I have a lot of people ask me about the art under my clock.  I printed out an abstract picture at walmart and my Dad framed it for me.  I think it cost me $15 to $20 dollars.  

Next is my favorite room in the whole house!  My Kitchen!  Four years ago we redid our Kitchen on a budget.  You can read about it HERE.






Now on to our bathrooms...

This is our spare bathroom that we redid also on a budget.  You can read about that HERE.  We shopped at ikea for this bathroom.  If you haven't been to Ikea, you need to go! It is amazing there!





And this is our Master bathroom.  It is the only room in the house that we have not redone.  We plan on working on this project maybe next year.  We have big plans and also plan to shop at Ikea to help save money on the reno.


Our bedroom is also a work in progress, but this is what we have done so far.  I also have big plans for our room that will totally transform it without breaking the bank.


You can read about some of my plans for the room HERE.

Before I get to the kids rooms, I would like to show you our back deck.  We are really hoping to turn this into a sunroom/therapy room for our Special Needs Son, Ryan, really soon.  




We love coming out here to grill and watch the kids play.  

Next is our Kids rooms.  I have three sweet boys and we are blessed that all three of them have their own room.  About two years ago, we added on a room for Zack so he and Trevor didn't have to share.



The extra space has been amazing!  If you would like to read about how I refinished Zack's furniture for his room, you can read about it HERE.



Trevor's room:



I recently added some art and a valance to Trevor's room.  I found them at a great deal at Target.  I LOVE Target and wish I had one where we live.  If you look closer in the first picture you can see one of our Kitties.  He was trying to help me take pictures. :)

Ryan's room:




With Ryan's special needs, he needed a room that would meet all of his needs and help us better take care of him.  We decided to install cabinets and a sink in his room and it is one of the best things that we have done.   If you have a child with special needs or knows someone who does, I have a post about organizing special needs that you can read about HERE.  You can learn more about Ryan HERE.

Thanks for stopping by to have a tour of my home and I hope you have a great day!!

Follow me HERE for pictures and daily updates of our day to day life!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips