Monday, September 30, 2013

Grocery Shopping on a Budget September 30th....


Hi!  How are you today?
I hope you are doing great!
I have a great menu this week and I can't wait to share it with you!



I took my 4yr old to the store with me this time.  He was such a big boy and walked right beside me the whole time and helped me put the groceries in the cart.  Do you take your kids with you to the store?  I usually enjoy going alone but he was having a hard day and seemed like he needed some mommy time. ;)

I did great this week and only spent $89 of my $100 budget!  I was so happy!  You know that feeling when you put the groceries on the belt and just cringe for the total.  it is always nice when it is below your budget!

So this is my menu:


If you like my menu planner and want one for yourself, you can subscribe to my blog in the upper right hand corner where it says "subscribe" and the Meal Planner will be delivered straight to your email!

We are having beef stew from left over pot roast that we had on Saturday.



I do not like to waste anything so meals like this are a bonus for our family!
All I did is take the pork roast and chop it up, added the vegetables from the roast, green beans, mushrooms, and corn.  Then I added beef stock and thickened it with corn starch.  I let it cook all day in the crock pot.  It was delicious!!  

If you would like my pot roast recipe, you can go HERE.

Tuesday we are eating Tacos.  I love this meal because it is quick and healthy.  My kids LOVE corn tortillas and I lightly fry them in coconut oil.  I know this sounds bad for you to fry them, but coconut oil is very good for you.  


I am so sorry that my sour cream is having some issues in this picture.  :)
I couldn't get it to dollop right.  ha ha!!



My family LOVES these calzones.  I think they are easier to make than pizza.  My hubby likes to take leftovers to work with him the next day.



You can find my calzone dough recipe HERE.



Wednesday we are having Meatballs, Green Beans, and oven roasted potatoes.  
I hope to have the recipe up for these meatballs soon.  My kids LOVE them!  I try to make them often.  I love this recipe because you can make them in a big batch and freeze them for later.

Yumm!!


Enchiladas!  We love enchiladas and eat them often around here.  I am changing them up this time though, and making them with corn shells instead of flour. 


You can find my recipe HERE.

Saturday we are having chicken thighs breaded in panko and baked.  We are also having mushrooms, green beans, and Oven Roasted Potato rounds.
This is how I roast my chicken in the oven...




Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a great day!


If you would like more daily tips, you can follow me HERE!




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips