Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Healthy Meals for Busy Moms on the Go.....


Today I am so excited to show you what I have been doing for my meals to help me eat healthier and save time.

As you know, I am working on loosing inches with the 180 Program, and I have been eating these freezer meals, that I prepared myself, for lunch.  They were so fast to put together and they help keep me on track!

Basically these are foil packets with a meat and some healthy vegetables in them.  I added coconut oil, salt, and pepper to the meal before I wrapped it up and froze it.

I went to the store and bought a big pack of thin sliced chicken breast and a big pack of frozen tilapia (fish).  You can use any type of fish that you like.  Then I bought some fresh and frozen vegetables.  I used about 1/2 cup of vegetables in each packet. The possibilities are endless with this so just be creative and get what you like.

These are the combinations that I chose:

Chicken and squash


Chicken and fresh asparagus


Chicken with frozen broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots


Chicken with frozen green beans


Chicken with frozen stir fry vegetables


Chicken with brussels sprouts


Tilapia with fresh asparagus


Tilapia with fresh squash


Tilapia with frozen stir fry vegetables


Tilapia with frozen broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots


Like I said above, I add about 2 teaspoons of coconut oil to each packet.
I love to use this brand that I buy from amazon...


I then added salt and pepper and wrapped each packet up and put them in a labeled bag so I knew which ones were fish and which ones were chicken...




After I put them in the bags, I store them in the freezer until I am ready to use them.  


I just love heating these up for lunch!  Since I am a Work at Home Mom, I just turn the oven on 400 degrees and put the packet in for about 30 minutes and it is done.  I love that the guess work is taken out and I also love the convenience!  Oh, and it is super healthy!

Thanks for stopping by!

If you would like to see what I am up to from day to day, you can follow me HERE!




Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Julia I love this!! GREAT idea. I work out of the house, but this would be great for dinners too. I might have to steal this idea for my next big freezer dinner day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hailey! Thanks for stopping by my blog and I hope you enjoy making these! Hope you have a great day!

      Delete
  2. Great ideas!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea! If I ever get to do less work out of the home I will certainly be doing this! Until then it's microwave or cold food for me!

    XO
    CorinnaAshley.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this idea and am definitely going to try it! Just wanted to say hello...my son has Miller Dieker as well. It's so rare I just wanted to reach out. I enjoyed reading about Ryan and seeing how he's doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo Lynn! Thanks for stopping by! I would love to talk with you more! you can friend me on facebook at www.facebook.com/jnjkendrick. I look forward to getting to know you more!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips