Monday, May 13, 2013

Menu Monday....

Hi!  I hope all of you wonderful Mother's out there had an awesome Mother's Day!!!!
I enjoyed a nice day with my husband and my sweet boys!

First I wanted to share a couple of the recipes that I have made that were on my menu and let you know how they turned out.  A few of them were from pinterest so I wanted  to let you know how we liked them.  

The first one is the breakfast casserole.  I used THIS recipe.


It was good but I used too much potatoes in the bottom.  Next time I think I will use more egg and milk and use the shredded potatoes instead of the cubed kind.  It had good flavor with the sausage.  I will fix this again soon but make a few tweaks.  

I also made a Calzone.  You can find that recipe HERE.


My family LOVED this!  I did make mine out of homemade pizza crust instead of french bread because I didn't want it too "bready".  It was easy and fun to make!  I will definitely fix this again!  My husband is already asking for me to make it!  :)

Saturday night, I made a Cake Batter Cheesecake.  (You can find the recipe HERE)


It isn't like New York Cheesecake, but it is still really good and fun for the kids!  It was very easy to make and I loved that it only had 5 ingredients.  I have always been afraid to make cheesecakes, but this recipe has inspired me to try more cheesecake recipes because they are not as hard as I thought! 


Now, for my grocery shopping trip...

I did not take a picture but I spent $150 (seems to be the trend lately for me to go over my budget :/ )  But hubby was with me so I blame it on him!  LOL  
I usually go on my own and stick to my list but I think he may have thrown a few extras in there that made us go over.   


Chicken Manicotti with Garlic Bread

I am not following a recipe here...just making it up as I go.  I will post the recipe to this one soon!


Turkey and Vegetables (Oven Roasted)
I have made this before and it turned out soooo good!!


The vegetables had so much flavor and the turkey breast was so tender!  It is very similar to my Pot Roast Recipe!  You should give it a try!

Breakfast for dinner

My kids LOVE breakfast foods so I am making pancakes, bacon, and eggs!
I love easy dinners!

Slow Cooker Sloppy Joe's w/ chips

I found my recipe HERE and can't wait to try this one!  

My hubby is going out of town so we are probably having good ol' PB&J's for dinner.  (The kids will eat that and I will drink a Smoothee!)

So, what are you having this week??

Visit me on Facebook HERE!





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips