Thursday, May 16, 2013

Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal....


I can't wait to share this with you!!  I was playing around with my Oatmeal the other morning and came up with a new recipe that is so good and I think you will LOVE it! I try to eat oatmeal every day since it is so good for you but sometimes I get tired of just putting brown sugar and coconut oil in it so I have to change it up and make new recipes.

This is what you will need:

1/2 cup Old Fashioned Oats
1 cup of desired Milk (I used coconut milk)
1 handfull of Dark Chocolate Chips
1 tablespoon of Flax Seeds
1 tablespoon of natural peanutbutter
1 scoop of Vanilla Shaklee 180 protein powder
Strawberries to garnish if desired


I bought my Flax seed on amazon along with the Almond Butter.  


I only buy old fashioned oats because they are much better for you!  


I have a hard time finding this coconut milk but it is my favorite so I always have to go searching for it when I run out.


I cooked mine in the microwave because I was in a hurry, but it would be best if you can cook it on the stove top.  I added some extra water after cooking it so I had somewhere for my ingredients to go without adding extra calories with more milk.


Add your ingredients.  You can use pretty much anything in your oatmeal but this combination was amazing!! I love the protein powder because I know I am getting the protein I need for my day and sneaking it in with my breakfast!  All you have to do now is mix everything together and enjoy!  It is that easy!  And yes, Dark Chocolate is good for you in moderation.  Yay!  Oh, and you can make a bigger batch for the week or for your kids!  They LOVE anything with peanut butter!  ;)


I hope you can try it and if you do, let me know how you like it!

Follow Me on Facebook HERE!




Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. MMMmmm, this looks totally good for healthy food! Must try! Thanks for visiting my blog Julia! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe Thanks! I hope you try it and love it! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Cool it looks like a creamy granola bar... love it. Thanks for sharing your oatmeal with us on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane and thanks for stopping by! It is one of my favorite go to meals. I even eat it for lunch! :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing this on Foodie Friday! I'm featuring you at this week's link up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips