Monday, May 6, 2013

Grocery Shopping on a Budget: Week of May 6th...


Sorry again about last week!  I am back with my regular Grocery Shopping post with what I bought and how much I spent.

This week we had a few friends over for a cookout and grilled hot dogs and hamburgers.  It is something that I do not eat often but was really good!  My bill was a little more from buying the extra food for that but it is always worth it to have friends over for a good time!

This is what I bought:

Produce:


This week I was able to get my corn on sale for 6 for $2!  We love corn and I thought that was a great price!  The button mushrooms were on sale for $1.79 and the lettuce was on sale for $1.29.  I was also able to get my strawberries for $1.99 a pound.  

Meat:


For my meats this week I was able to get the big package of all natural chicken breasts for $7, the pepperoni for $2, the Ground Beef (we normally don't eat ground beef very often) for $2 off each pkg (I bought 2 pkg), and the Hot Dogs for $2.  

Bread:


I bought store brand hamburger and hotdog buns for our cookout (most of the time store brand is cheaper), and I was able to get the Arnold Multigrain bread for $3.  Have you tried Cole's Bread sticks?  YUM is all I have to say!!  

Dairy:


I was able to get the whipped topping for $1 each but everything else was regular price.  (I normally don't buy that cheese but that is what hubby wanted on his burger for the cookout.)

Pantry/Prepackaged


The chips (for cookout) were BOGO Free, I got a $1 off of my coffee (yay!), the Mayo was on sale for $2, the cinnamon rolls were 2 for $4 (I normally don't buy these unless they are on sale), and the Classico Alfredo sauce was on sale for $2.

Everything Else:


Yes, I buy store brand bath tissue! :)
I got the baby wipes on sale for $2.20 and the body wash was on sale as well.  I got a great deal on our charcoal at $5 for a bag!  

I actually went over my budget again this week, but that is okay...

Look how much I was able to buy for $150:


With my MVP card and my coupon for my coffee, I saved almost $20 this week!

Now for my Weekly Menu!

Monday:

Calzones w/ Pepperoni, Mozz cheese, and mushrooms


I found the recipe HERE

Tuesday:

Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs w/ corn on the cob and potato salad


I found the recipe HERE

Wednesday:

Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf with Green Beans


I found the recipe HERE

Thursday:

Chicken Fettucini Alfredo and Breadsticks

Friday:

Pizza and wing night with Friends


What are you eating this week and what did you save on at the grocery store?

Thanks for stopping by!  Come back Friday for a new Series:


Don't forget to subscribe so you don't miss a thing!
&
Follow me on Facebook HERE!


 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips