Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Personalized Organization For Kids....


I had so much fun re-doing our spare bathroom art the other day!  I found this idea on another blog and thought it was just a wonderful idea!  Not only do you have new art on the walls, but you have organization as well.  If you know me, you know how much I love organization!  :)  I only spent $20 dollars on this project!  

This is what the art looked like before....


These are cute little pictures that we bought to go in Ryan's room to match his comforter but then ended up taking them out when we put his cabinets in.  They looked good in the bathroom and matched the colors but not the theme.  We recently Re-did our bathroom and I wanted something that looked more modern for the walls.  I took these down and had to clean the walls.  I will not show you the grossness that I found (SUPER embarrassing!) but I cleaned the walls really well with my favorite natural cleaner...



I went to walmart.com and ordered 8x10 pictures of our three boys and put them in the existing frames. Reusing the frames saved me a lot of money!


I knew they wouldn't fit perfectly so I had to cut them a little to make them fit...


I was okay with the tan fabric peeking through on the sides and could have cut the pictures more in a square to make them look matted but I think they look good like this.
Then I hung them on the wall in a perfect line....


I went to Lowes and bought some simple hooks for the towels that were $4 each...


When hanging the hooks, I made sure I put them low enough for the boys to reach them.


I love the way it turned out and now the kids will have somewhere to hang their towels so they can use them more than once and maybe wont throw them in the floor!  Is that wishful thinking??  :)



This was such a fun but simple project and now all I will have to do is change the boy's pictures yearly.  Easy peasy!!

I hope you enjoyed this DIY project and for more money saving tips, you can follow me on facebook HERE!





Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Dee! Hope you and your bunch are doing well! :)

      Delete
  2. Aw, I love the pictures!! I think it's perfect for the bathroom. Love the idea of switching them out yearly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel and thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. What a great idea and personal touch, love those! How sweet they all look with their blue shirts and ties. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharon and thanks for stopping by! I want to change these pictures every year as my boys grow but I love these pictures of them so It is going to be so hard!

      Delete
  4. Greetings, I like your website. This is a cool site and I wanted to post a note to let you know, good job! Thanks

    http://www.apparelnbags.com/fruit-of-the-loom/5930b-youth-56-oz-50-50-best-t-shirt.htm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thanks for sopping by and leaving me such a nice note! I am excited to check out your site! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips