Tuesday, April 2, 2013

4/2/13 Update on Ryan.....

Oh my, what a week it has been!  We are so glad to finally be home with our sweet Ryan!  We got home Saturday at 5pm.  The Doctor in the ICU came in an saw me packing my things up and told me that if I was ready and comfortable to take Ryan home, that he was good with us going and knew that he would get the care that he needed.  Joe (hubby) and my oldest son (Zack) came to get me and Ryan from the hospital and I was so glad to see them!  I was so ready to be home after being in the hospital for a week!  

Ryan's cool bandaid that he got after the nurse took out his IV.
I spent the morning before my hubby and son came and I packed up all of our stuff.  We accumulate so much stuff when we are in the hospital.  We had 5 easter baskets, and we are also given any medical equipment that we may not have at home that we need.  I stock up on everything that I can!

Excuse my unruly hospital hair, but me and Ryan were snuggling in his bed.


Ryan unhooked from all of his leads and all dressed waiting to go home.
I texed my friend, Cristen to let her know that we were going home and she asked if we wanted to stop by.  You see, her daughter (Waverly) has Miller Dieker Syndrome too and they are the only two in the state of Virginia with the syndrome and we live one hour from each other.  Needless to say, we are good friends!  Me and Cristen hadn't seen each other in a while so I was so excited to stop by so we could see each other!  

Ryan was so excited to see Waverly!  He smiled and "talked" to her!  It was so sweet!

She woke up and decided to talk and smile some too!  She is so precious! 

We left from seeing Waverly and her family and may or may not have stopped by and bought some doughnuts from Krispy Kreme!  :)  YUM!!


We finally got home and I brought all of Ryan's equipment to the living room so I could continue his respiratory treatments that he gets every four hours.  I have been busy doing his treatments and it is exhausting but I know it is the only way he is going to get better!  We are so blessed to have our day nurse that helps me take care of him!!  It helps me take care of the other two boys and get other things around the house done.  She is a great help and blessing to us!



Getting ready for bed.  I could tell he was so happy to be home!




 Ryan is doing much better and is healing faster than the doctors thought.  He is on oxygen on and off during the day and seems to be breathing more comfortably and having more periods of wakefulness during the day.  I am slowly getting things back to normal around the house and am enjoying spring break with my other two boys.  We are trying to get out of the house every day and do something fun.  Yesterday, we went to the park to play on the playground and we had a picnic.  They loved it!  



Thank you so much for your concern and prayers! It is so nice to be home!



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Glad he's home too! Praying for healing!
    Monica
    http://happyandblessedhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia, praying for your sweet Ryan! -Kelly @ Semi Homemade Mom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips