Tuesday, April 30, 2013

My Kids are Trying to Ruin My Love Seat.....

Kids...
Do you have kids?  If you do, you will know what I am talking about.
My sweet boys have a plan to try and ruin our nice things.  :(

But I have something awesome that they forget about!

SHAKLEE!

I have cleaned INK and GREASE off of my Love Seat TWICE in two weeks!!

I do love my kids!  I promise!  :)

So, here is the INK....


Oh, you can't see it?  Need a closer look?


Yeah!  Nice huh?  My son thought it would be nice to draw a monster truck on the Love Seat with an INK PEN!  Thanks dude!  
At first I wanted to get upset but then I remembered that if Shaklee can get finger nail polish out of my couch, then it can get out ink, right?

YES!!

So, this is what I did....


I used a combination of Basic H2 Concentrate and Nature Bright.


I put a teaspoon of Basic H right on the spot and then added a teaspoon of Nature Bright.  I then took my rag and saturated it with hot water and then scrubbed the area until all of the Ink was removed.  



So there, INK!  Take that!  :)

So fast forward to last night...
I made some cookies and the kids ate them on the center part of my Love Seat.
They had them on napkins, but that wasn't good enough.  


You can see the grease and then you can see a cute little hand print! (so cute!)  Beside the hand print is where my biggest kid of all (hubby) spilled some honey mustard dressing.  Yay!  

So off I went to get my Basic H again...


I added the concentrate right to the areas that needed cleaning.

I then did the same that I did for the ink stains and saturated a rag with hot water and scrubbed.  I did not use nature bright this time and the Basic H removed the grease just fine on its own.

It worked!!  I do not know of many cleaners that will remove oil or grease stains!

See....


So the center part of my Love Seat is clean AGAIN!  

I can't wait to see what my kids will come up with next for me to clean and put Shaklee to the test!  Just kidding!  :)

My favorite thing about Shaklee is that it is non toxic and safe for my family.  It also lasts a really long time since it is all concentrated.  I don't have to buy my cleaner but once every TWO years!  If that isn't frugal, then I don't know what is!

If you would like to get some of these awesome cleaners for yourself, you can get them HERE!

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a great day!


Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love the satisfaction of getting a stain out. I need to wash my couch covers because we also eat there sometimes too. :)

    Angela
    angsays.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Angela! I wish I could take my covers off but I can't. :( You are so lucky you can do that! Glad I could inspire you to clean your couch. ;) Hope you have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! I LOVE how that worked! I totally have a MILLION stains...4 kids and 2 dogs and a cat equal crazy amounts of stains! Thanks for sharing this.
    Jen @ PinkWhen.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! Thanks for stopping by. My couch is microfiber and shows everything from our kids and pets too! Glad I could help! Julia

      Delete
  3. OK, this is awesome! Going to keep this in mind incase my kids get any ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My couch is microfiber too, but the Mr and I made sure to get a very dark brown color (chocolatey, dark chocolate) because I was terrified of things like this happening to the couch, but now I know I don't have to fear!! Thanks for sharing this :) So far I've been lucky. One of my husbands friends spilled red wine on the couch but it absorbed and I didn't even clean it out because I couldn't see it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips