Tuesday, April 9, 2013

If You Have Hair...You Will Want to Read This!!

First off, I want to thank everyone for your prayers for my son, Ryan!  He has been home for over a week from the hospital and is doing AMAZING!  He recovered from his pneumonia very quickly and is back to his normal everyday routine!!  He is even back at school!


Today I wanted to share with you what products that I use to make my hair shiny and beautiful! 


I have pretty long hair right now, and have found some products that I love that help my hair stay strong, shiny, and healthy even through all of my blow drying, curling, and straight ironing!  :)


My first hair care trick is using something that you wouldn't normally think to use on your hair, but I do this treatment every month to help my hair with dryness and to bring back the shine from all of the damage that I do to my hair.


I use Organic Coconut oil!  I generously apply the coconut oil to the ends of my hair working my way up.  I do not put the coconut oil in my roots because I have an oily scalp.  I leave this in for 15 to 30 minutes and then jump into the shower and use this....


This is the best Shampoo and Conditioner I have ever used!  I love that it is natural and paraben free!  I bought ProSante's Purifying line because my hair is more on the oily side, but they have two lines to choose from depending on your hair type.  I get these products HERE!  They leave my hair soft and clean!  If I am doing my Coconut Oil treatment, I usually shampoo twice to make sure I wash it all out.

After washing and conditioning my hair, I run a towel through it to get it as dry as possible and then I apply this new oil that I received in my last Birchbox.  I am so in love with this stuff!!


It smells so good and I love that it reduces the drying time.  Especially since I have long thick hair.  I use this oil on the ends of my hair daily before drying.  If I decide that I am not going anywhere and I just want to blow my hair dry without styling, I will apply a little extra after drying to help with fly-aways.  this Macadamia oil is Amazing and I highly recommend it!  You can find it HERE!  Don't let the price scare you....you get a very large amount and it will last you forever!  The bottle pictured above is just a 1oz sample size that should last me 6 months to a year.  I think it is worth the investment!

After styling my hair, I use this awesome hairspray!



Kenra 25 is a huge bottle of spray  that lasts me forever!  It is lightweight but keeps your hair in place.  I heard about this wonderful stuff on Kate's Blog!  She is an amazing hair stylist with a great blog about hair, beauty, and fashion.  You should go check her out!

So that is my hair care routine!  If you have any questions, please e-mail me at juliakendrick@gmail.com!

What are your favorite go-to hair products?  I would love to know!

For more tips and money saving tips, follow me HERE!


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. YAY your Son is home & well again ! Way to be better, Ryan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cindy! I am so glad to be home and am playing the dreaded "catch up" game but that is okay! :) I hope you have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  2. So happy to hear your son is home and feeling better! Happy Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Shannah! I really appreciate that! I hope you have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  3. Hi, Julia, I'm live in Sao Paulo Brazil and I m proud to meet you and Ryan. You are a brave woman. And Ryan a brave boy. God bless you. I will prayer for Ryan. Please, forgive my english its not very good, ok?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips