Friday, April 19, 2013

Grilled Shrimp and Vegetable Shish Kabobs....


I am excited to share this recipe with you today!  I could not wait to eat these Shish Kabobs!  They were SO good!  We love to grill out when the weather is nice and it keeps our house from getting so hot in the evening!


This is what I used for mine:

Shrimp
Red onion
Yellow and Red bell pepper
Baby Bella Mushrooms (2pkg)
Pepper
Garlic Salt
Adobo Seasoning
Coconut Oil

Lets get started....


The first thing you are going to want to do is to decide what kind of skewers you are going to use.  I have 4 metal skewers that i used for the shrimp and wooden skewers that I used for the Veggies.  You will want to soak your wooden skewers for about 30 minutes so that they do not catch on fire on the grill.

While my wooden skewers were soaking, I cut up my Vegetables and peeled my shrimp.


I just made sure my vegetables were in bite sized pieces.  They are so pretty and colorful!

For the mushrooms, you will want to stem them if you are using bella mushrooms and then I cut mine in half because they were big.


All of the vegetables ready for seasoning....


So they won't stick on the grill, I melted some coconut oil and poured it over the vegetables and shrimp.


I made sure my shrimp was dry before adding the oil or seasoning...


I added coconut oil, pepper, garlic salt, and adobo to both the shrimp and vegetables.  Just add as much as you like.  I did not measure.  I am starting to LOVE adobo and use it more and more in my "mexican" cooking and grilling.


YUM!!!

We prefer to use charcoal to grill our food and we think it gives it so much more flavor!  I only made a fire on half of the grill because the shrimp and the vegetables have different cooking times.  I put the vegetables on the hotter side right over the coals and the shrimp on the cooler side.  That is why I put them on different skewers instead of putting them all on one together and the shrimp would get overcooked and the vegetables would still be raw.


I grilled both with the lid shut and turned the vegetables every 5 minutes until they were done and then moved the shrimp over to the hot side for a few minutes so they could get grill marks on them.


I can't tell you how good these were!


You better believe I cleaned my plate!  

Do you grill out when the weather is nice?  What is your favorite thing to grill?

For daily updates and money saving tips, you can follow me on Facebook HERE!




Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Yum Julia, these look AMAZING! Yum! I love to grill too and want to start using charcoal this year instead of gas (I always feel like I'm going to blow myself up lol!). I'd love to see an article post about grilling with charcoal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Equally your current summer procedures America, just about all of a families acquire out associated with their homes in order to cook outside with its gardens IN ADDITION TO obtain a gala day with friends AND family. http://www.mordocrosswords.com/2015/07/rise-and-shine.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips