Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza....


I had so much fun making this Pizza!!  I have been wanting to make grilled pizza since I saw Bobby Flay do it on the Food Network, and now that we have our new Chargrill I was ready to do this!!  While I made this pizza, I may or may not have acted like I was on the Food Network cooking for all of my fans!!  ;)  ha!

I made my own pizza dough because it is cheap and easy, but if you want to buy pre-made then that is fine too!



Homemade Pizza Dough
(Makes 2 pizzas)


What You will Need:

2 1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tsp salt
2 1/4 tsp (or 1 pkg) quick active dry yeast
3 tablespoons canola oil
1 cup very warm water

Mix 1 cup of the flour, the sugar, salt and yeast in large bowl.  Add 3 tablespoons oil and the warm water.  Beat with electric mixer on medium speed 3 minutes, scraping bowl frequently.  Stir in enough remaining flour until dough is soft and leaves sides of bowl.  Place dough on lightly floured surface.  Knead 5 to 8 minutes or until dough is smooth and springy.  Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rest 30 minutes.


**************************************************************

For the pizza you will need:

Chicken tenders (I used 6)
Mozzarella cheese
Cheddar cheese
Red Onion
BBQ sauce
(the other ingredients were for the pepperoni pizza that I also made)

While my dough was rising, I cooked my chicken in a sauce pan with about 1/4 cup BBQ sauce and 1/4 water.  I let this simmer on the stove and turned the chicken every 5 minutes until it was done and then I cut it up into bite size pieces.  You will note that all of the bbq sauce and water cooked down into a thick sauce that covers the chicken and gives it nice flavor.


While the chicken was cooking, I caramelized my Red Onion,  & grated my cheddar and Mozzarella cheese.  YUM!


When all of the ingredients were ready (and the grill), I took everything outside to the grill.  Before you add any of the ingredients, you have to cook the pizza crust on both sides.  And you are probably wondering how in the world do you get your pizza dough on the hot grill.  I use a pizza peel covered in quite a bit of corn meal so I can slide them right on to the grill with no problems.




Make sure your grill isn't too hot.  I cooked mine with the grill open (it doesn't take long to cook the dough if you have it pretty thin).  Flip the dough over and then you can add your toppings...


You can add them how you like, but I put bbq sauce, mozz cheese, chicken, onions, and then cheddar cheese on top.   Mouth watering!

I then closed the lid so the cheese could melt and all of the ingredients could warm back up.  When the cheese was melted, I took the pizzas off and then it was time to eat!  I can't tell you how good this pizza is....


It was rich with the flavor of the BBQ sauce, and had the smoky flavor from the grill.  You are just going to have to make this one for yourself and let me know how you like it!

Thanks for stopping by!

For money saving tips and more recipes, follow me on Facebook HERE!




Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Sounds and looks yummy! I pinned it for later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amie! I hope you love it as much as we did!

      Delete
  2. Wow, this looks SO good! I love grilled pizza, definitely trying this out! Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it! It was the best pizza I have ever had! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great day!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips