Wednesday, April 17, 2013

DIY 5 Day Manicure....



I promised you a couple of weeks ago that I would share my secrets to a 5 day Manicure that I did myself!  I love to save money and this met all of my expectations and more!!

The picture above is actually day 6 of my nails, so you could make it last longer if you wold like but I think they start to look a little rough after day five.  I actually painted my nails on a Sunday and then was with my son in the hospital from Wednesday to Friday of the same week and my nails still held up!  I was washing my hands in the hospital about 20 to 30 times a day!  I was very impressed with how my nails held up to all of the washing and the hospital soap is pretty rough on your hands!



This is what I used that worked for me....


First, I made sure my nails were clean of any polish and I pushed my cuticles and filed any broken or chipped nails to make them all uniform.  Then I applied a coat of Base coat.  I think that this is a very important step that should not be skipped!  This gives your actual colored polish somewhere to go and helps your DIY manicure looking great for longer!

This color is called "Junkie" from LA Colors and is one of my favorites!

The next thing I did was use a good quality polish for my color coat.  I did two thin coats of polish.  Do not glob the polish on really thick.  This will make your manicure look bad in the long run and your color will not dry well.  The second time I used this method for my manicure, I did not use a high quality polish and my manicure only lasted two days.  Make sure your polish is good quality and that will help it last longer as well!

The last and most important step....


Nail Magic!  This stuff is the best!  I found it at Sallys and I think it was around $10 but worth every penny!  I used this as a top coat and painted on two thin coats.  I also painted on a coat daily for the other 4 days to harden the polish on my nails and protect any wear that may have occurred during the day.  


I was very pleased at how well this method worked for me and how cheap it was for me to have a great looking manicure that lasted for a whole five days with just three simple steps!



Many of you may also be wondering how I am able to get my nails to grow so long.  I have a secret weapon called Vitalizer!  It is a convenient vitamin pack that I take daily that helps everything from my nails, skin, hair, to my energy level!  You can find Vitalizer HERE!  Ever since taking Vitalizer, my nails have been so strong and healthy!


Do you paint your nails?  What is your favorite color?

Follow me on Facebook HERE for more money saving info!




Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Good to know. I always struggle with chipped nails if I polish them and I haven't wanted to do the gel nails. I'll give your method a try. Thanks.

    Lori @ A Bright and Beautiful Life
    www.abrightandbeautifullife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes having three kids doing laundry washing this dishes etc. all the time made mine chip too. I hope this method works for you as well as it did for me!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips