Tuesday, March 19, 2013

March Birchbox: The Best Birchbox Yet....


This was hands down so far the best Birchbox that I have gotten to date!

Now, If you don't know what birchbox is, you can go HERE and find out!  You have to get in on this goodness!  You basically pay $10 a month to try out high end samples!  I love getting a little present each month!


This is what it looks like inside of this cute little box...


First, we will start with this little surprise....


Birchbox says:  Macadamia Natural Oil * Healing Oil Treatment
Quicker than a trip to Hawaii, this feather weight hair treatment woos us with a combination of lush Macadamia Nut and argan oils.  Bonus: It cuts down on drying time.  Full Size: $39.95.

What I think:  I LOVE this oil!  I use it in my hair after washing (just a tiny bit) and it makes my hair so soft!  I did notice that It also helped with the drying time (I have pretty long hair) and it smells good!  I don't like the $39.95 price tag but a tiny bit goes a long way so if I did buy it, I think it would last a long time!  This is one of my favorite products that I got in my box!!


Next up...  Macadamia Deep Repair Masque
What Birchbox says:  Made with Macadamia and tea tree oils, this rich treatment strengthens strands from the inside while also adding major gloss.  Full size: $36.

What I think:  Well, um...I haven't used it yet.  I meant to use it this last Friday but I forgot about it.  I usually use THIS masque and love it so it is hard for me to stray from what I love!  I am going to try it one day this week!


Next I received Sage + fasten Common sense eau de parfum
What Birchbox says:  Made in NY, this small batch scent features layers of lotus flower, peach, and lychee.  We love that it's free of parabens, sulfates, and synthetics.  Full Size: $29-$50.

What I think:  I LOVE this perfume!  It is not too strong and has a long lasting floral scent that is very feminine and mild.  I don't know if I would pay $29 for perfume, but it does smell very good!


Another treasure from my box is Lipstick from Make.
Birchbox says: We love a lipstick that delivers intense, long-lasting color—and this smudge-proof formula doesn’t disappoint. The hydrating, antioxidant-rich lipstick does double duty as a lip treatment, and, best of all, MAKE donates one-third of all sales to the brand’s parent non-profit, which supports women-led cooperatives.   This matte lipstick is chock full of hydrating, healing ingredients for healthy, kissable lips. Nourishing vitamins A, C, and E provide antioxidant protection, while moisturizing aloe and chamomile extract soothe and calm skin. A blend of rosehip, soybean, and safflower oils hydrate and condition while giving the lipstick an easy-to-apply glide. Candelila and beeswax ensure color lasts for hours. Full Price: $18

What I think:  It is really bright!!  I thought it went on nicely and was really smooth but would probably not wear this bold of a color very often.  I would maybe mix it with a lighter lipgloss to tone it down. (picture below of me wearing the lipstick.)


And the Make Dual Phase Eye Makeup Remover:
Sometimes, we can get by with face wash alone. Other days—like when we go all out with a smoky eye and bold, long-lasting lip color—call for a dedicated makeup remover. This gentle, oil-based formula removes shadow, liner, and mascara without breaking a sweat. Plus, it’s fragrance-free, paraben-free, and hypoallergenic—which means you don’t have to worry about redness or irritation.  Full Size: $18

What I think:  This Eye Makeup Remover works great and the $18 price tag isn't bad either.  I think the sample should last me quite a while! 


Me with the Make lipstick!  See...too bright for me!  ;)



I am always excited when I get a nail file!  When I opened the box, I thought it was just a pink nail file and took pictures like this.  Then, I turned it over to find that it is all pretty and flowery ont the back...

see!?!  Pretty!  And it is $5!



So that is my March Birchbox!  Did you get one?  What did you get?




Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I've just started following your blog and I love it! I can't wait to get my first Birchbox (just got off the wait list)and see what little surprises I get. I think that shade of lipstick looks very spring-like on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meagan! I love how you spell your name! So pretty! You will love your birchbox! It is so fun! Thanks for your comment about the lipstick! I am too chicken to wear it out of the house! LOL Julia

      Delete
  2. Yay! we got the same birchbox this month! I am scared of bright lipsticks, so I apply a light coat and then put a peachy color lipgloss over it. But one day I just have to get over my fear and wear it plain. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Birchbox buddies! LOL Yeah, I need to get over it too and wear it plain. I wore it for long enough to take the picture and then wiped it off with a kleenex. Ha! Julia

      Delete
  3. Agreed! I think they made this one so good because so many were complaining about the last few:)!! Alice @ The Owl's Skull

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh! I see! Yeah, sometimes I get some that I am not crazy about but they sure did make up for it this box! Thanks for stopping by, Alice!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips