Monday, March 11, 2013

Easy Homemade Shrimp Stir-Fry.....


I have been trying to find ways to get more healthy vegetables into our diet and what better way than to have stir-fry!

For this recipe you will need...

1 pound of Shrimp (peeled, deveined, and tails removed)
Broccoli 
Cauliflower
Baby Carrots
Red Pepper
Brown Rice, cooked
Low Sodium Soy Sauce
Chow Mein Noodles
4 tablespoons of Coconut oil
Pepper to taste

The first thing you are going to want to do is put your vegetables in the oven.  To save time, I already had my vegetables cut up and waiting for me in a zip-lock bag in the Fridge.  I preheat the oven to 350 and mix the vegetables with 3 tablespoons of warmed coconut oil, soy sauce, pepper, and 1/4 cup of water.  I pop them in the oven for about 30 minutes or until tender.


When there is about 15 minutes left of the vegetables, I start the water to cook the Brown Rice and cook that until done.  I bought the boil in bag Brown Rice that only takes 10 minutes.  If you are using something different, you may need more time.

While the rice is cooking, I start to cook my Shrimp.  If you don't like shrimp, you could use Chicken Breast meat or even steak.

I simply cooked my shrimp in a saute pan with coconut oil, soy sauce, and pepper to taste until it was all pink in color but still tender, about 3 minutes per side.  Do not over cook the shrimp or it will be tough.




I almost had to tie my hands behind my back so I wouldn't eat all of the shrimp before dinner!  ;)  Ha!


I added a little bit of pepper, and a little bit of soy sauce to my finished brown rice as well....


When the vegetables are tender, take them out of the oven.  Don't they look so good!?!?  Mmmm!


I put everything on the table separately and let the kids get as much of each as they wanted.  The kids loved the shrimp and also ate their vegetables!  That makes for a happy Mommy!!

You can garnish the dish with chow mein noodles or sesame seeds...  It was certainly Delicious!! 


I hope you enjoyed this recipe!

Come back Wednesday to see my Hair Care Routine!

Thanks for stopping by!

Don't forget to follow me HERE and Subscribe to my blog so you don't miss a thing!


Photobucket


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. Hi Julia!
    This looks delicious! I love finding new easy recipes to try out during the work week. I'll definitely have to give this a try!

    Stopping by from I Gotta Try That. I'd love for you to stop by Marvelous Mondays to share this. :) www.thisgalcooks.com

    Following via FB, G+, Pinterest and BlogLovin. Have a fabulous day!

    Julie @ This Gal Cooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Julie!! Funny thing is that I found your blog on a link up party today too! I love your crab cake recipe! Thanks so much for stopping by and I linked up to your Marvelous Mondays! Thanks!
      Julia

      Delete
  2. Hi Julia !
    Thanks for dropping by North of Wiarton. I LOVE quick, easy & good recipes. Your stir fry looks amazing and full of colour. I will try to get over to join you on Thursday to "link up" with you with my Mammoth Apple Cinnamon Chip Muffins.

    Following on G+, Pinterest, and FB.

    Cindy@NorthofWiarton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Cindy! I hope you are able to try the stir fry and I hope you love it as much as we do!! I hope to see you Thursday and I hope you have a great day!!! Julia

      Delete
  3. This Shrimp Stir fry looks so delicious! The colors of the vegetables are so appealing.

    Thank you for sharing this recipe at the In and Out of the Kitchen link party! I can't wait to see what you bring to the party next week!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Cynthia! I hope you have a wonderful day! Julia

      Delete
  4. Yum Julia, this has my mouth watering! If you are looking for a healthy alternative to soy sauce-check out Braggs Liquid Aminos-I use that stuff for flavoring everything, including my stir fry! However, I have yet to try it with shrimp. I'm going to have to give it a whirl, I love shrimp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Michelle! Where do you get Liquid Aminos-l? Thanks so much for telling me about it...I love the idea of using something other than the salty soy sauce! I love shrimp too! :)

      Delete
    2. Our regular grocery store has liquid aminos in the health foods/gluten free section. It's so good, I love it in rice, with veggies, etc. Anything that you want to have a salty flavor :)

      Delete
  5. I love stir fry, make them quite frequently, but never thought to roast the veg off in the oven first - fab idea!

    Thank you for sharing this at Cook, Craft, Create!

    Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! The roasting made the veggies have such a wonderful flavor! One note..the carrots were a little crunchy so you might want to cut them smaller if you try this! Thanks so much for stopping by! Julia

      Delete
  6. Looks absolutely delicious! I think, since I don't like shrimp, I would like to try this with chicken. I love all the veggies.
    Thanks so much for linking up at Real Family Fun.
    Hope to see you again next week.
    KC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, KC! I agree! This would be really good with chicken too! I hope you like it! Julia

      Delete
  7. This looks delicious and healthy too - love all those veggies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon, and thanks for stopping by! :) Julia

      Delete
  8. Cooking is my hobby and it makes me feel relaxed when I do it. I found your article is very interesting and you have stir fry recipe that are very different. Can you post more recipe for stir fry? Anyway, Thank you!.


    Stir Fried Chicken

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips