Monday, February 11, 2013

Week Night Go-To Meal...


When my day is busy and I want an easy meal that doesn't take a lot of thought and $money$, I turn to Taco Salads.  This is how I make ours....

These are the condiments that we usually use...
A dab on the Herdez Chipotle Salsa will do you!  It is spicy, but one of my favorites!


I use ground chicken and put lots of goodies in it to make it taste good.
I use Salt, Pepper, Cumin, Chili Powder, Garlic, Onion, and Fajita Seasoning.  Sometimes if I have one on hand, I will put a seeded jalepeno in the meat.  It gives it so much flavor!


Mmmm!  So yummy!  You could also use ground beef, ground turkey, chicken breasts (shredded), or even steak.


For our fresh ingredients, we use tomato, lettuce, and cheddar cheese.  If I have the extra money to splurge, I will sometimes get the real mexican crumbling cheese.  Yum!


We use Tortilla chips to crumble over the top...


Here is the finished product...


So yummy and healthy!  My kids love it too!

What is your favorite go-to meal?

I hope you have a blessed day!

You can find me on Facebook HERE for money saving tips and a glimpse into our every day life!


Photobucket


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. yum! Looks good and nice change from boring old tacos! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Krysta! The kids also love making them themselves. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I like the sound of this! a different spin on chicken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! We just love this meal and have it once or twice a month!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing! This looks great -- and easy as you've said!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica! It sure is an easy no brainer when I am busy and don't have time to cook a huge meal! It is filling too!

      Delete
  4. This looks so good for a nice cold night.............Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!


    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy! I love your blog and love to share! I hope you have a great day!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips