Monday, February 25, 2013

The Last 48 Hours....

Today isn't my usual recipe post...

I had the craziest weekend!  My husband had a quarter sized bump on his head (in his hair line right above his ear) that he noticed Tuesday.  It was hurting him and I figured that he had a spider bite and if it wasn't doing better by Friday I was going to make him go to the doctor.  Friday came around and he was much worse so he went to the doctor to be told that he had fluid on his ear and cellulitis. I knew that didn't sound right at all...

By Saturday night he started getting blisters on his cheek and chin and was in so much pain.. I was so worried about him!
Sunday morning at 3:30am he woke me up and asked me to take him to the ER.  I didn't want to get out of bed but knew that he was in so much pain.  We called his Mom to come sit with the kids and I took him in to the ER.  Luckily, the ER wasn't busy at all and we were able to be seen right away and the Doctor told me and my husband that he had the Shingles.  He put him on an anti-viral medication and gave him Percocet for the pain.  I will NEVER be able to hear the word shingles again and not think about this horrible painful blistery rash on my husband's face.  I will not think about the shingles on the roof of your house.  This is horrible!  I would not wish this on anyone!

I decided to look up some things that we can do here naturally that may help his Shingles get better.  This is what we are doing:

Every four hours I am putting a mixture of warm coconut oil and lavender oil on the blisters.

He is taking 6 Garlic Complex pills a day:


And taking 2 Nutriferon a day to keep his immune system strong:



I am also having him take 4,000 mg of Vitamin C a day.

He is so swollen that he is unable to eat much so I am having him drink 180 Smoothees and am getting him some Boost drinks and chicken broth to drink.  I am waiting on a call now from the doctor to see if there is anything else we can do for pain and if we need to take him back to the hospital to be admitted or not.

If you will, please pray for him and I will try to update soon on how he is doing.

I am also going to try to get a post up later for Zack's 8th Birthday party.  

Thanks for your prayers!


Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips