Monday, February 18, 2013

The Worlds Best Chicken Enchiladas.....


It is a tradition in my house for us to eat Mexican food on Thursdays.  My husband bowls on a bowling league Thursday night and says it gives him good luck to eat Mexican food.  It must work, because this year, he has bowled two 300 games!

This last Thursday night, we had Enchiladas!  They are so good!

Here is how I make mine.... 

First, I brown ground chicken with diced onion (1 medium), diced jalepeno (ribs and seeds removed), diced garlic (1 to 2 cloves), cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper to taste.

You can use ground beef, turkey, or shredded chicken if you would like.


While that is browning, I grate a whole block of cheddar cheese (and try to keep my kids out of it LOL)...


When the chicken is done, I add 1/2 cup of sour cream, 1/2 cheddar cheese, and 1/2 cup refried beans.


Mix that all together and it will look like this....
(this is the mixture that you stuff your tortillas with)
(I have also just make this and used it as a chip dip!) Yum!


Then you want to put a spoon full of the filling in a tortilla shell and wrap it up and place it seam side down in your 9" x 11" glass baking dish...



I spray my dish with a little bit of cooking spray and then spread a thin layer of enchilada sauce in the bottom to give the tortillas somewhere to go...


 Seam side down...


And now you are ready to pour the Enchilada sauce over the top!


Bake the enchiladas in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes....


And then take them out and put the rest of the grated cheese on top and bake until cheese is melted...


I serve mine with cilantro and jalepenos on the side for the kids and hubby to put what they want on theirs.  The kids love these and love to put cilantro on the top before eating!



They are so yummy and one of our favorite go-to Thursday night meals!

I hope you try these and if you do, let me know what you think!

Thanks for stopping by!

For money saving tips and updates, you can visit me HERE!

Don't forget to subscribe so you don't miss a thing!


Photobucket


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. These look great! Jason and I will have to make them one night :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lydia! I have been making these forever...Joe's favorite! :) Hope you guys love them!

      Delete
  2. now those look tasty
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie, and thanks for stopping by! I will go check out your blog! :)

      Delete
  3. Those look really good...........Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!


    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy! I sure will! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. YUM!!! Your chicken enchiladas look amazing! I've only ever tried making enchiladas and for some reason they were a soggy mess.... I love them though and so will have to give them another try! Yours look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Maria! I hope you try them and like them! (and I hope they aren't soggy!) :) Hope you have a great day!

      Delete
  5. These look amazing! I’ve pinned them to my “Main Dishes” board. Thanks for sharing at the Creative Corner Hop.
    Holly
    Holly's Stamping Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holly, thanks for stopping by and pinning them! I hope you like them!

      Delete
  6. Ohhh....only have made the beef kind.
    I'll have a go at these if it'll give me a 300 game (says she who doesn't bowl!)
    LOL. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I hope you try them and like them! Maybe you should go bowling after you eat them just to see how they work for you!! ;) Hope you have a great day! Julia

      Delete
  7. I'll never turn down an enchilada... NEVER! lol!! Yum, these look great! Please come link them to Foodtastic Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips