Wednesday, February 6, 2013

In My Dreams...

For a while now I have been feeling that our Master Bedroom needs a face lift.  I have been playing around with a few colors and have decided that I want to add pops of yellow but I am not sure exactly how to do it tastefully.  I need to look at some more "examples" on pinterest and see what I can find.  This is what our room looks like now...


We need to put up moulding and floor boards.  I would love to make a custom headboard and I hate our black night stands.  I thought about painting them yellow...but I just don't know if that would be too much.

This is what I have picked out so far..


I love this color!  What do you think??  Too much?

I adore this chair!!  I think it would look so cute sitting on a cute rug in the corner of our room!  

Here are the accent pillows that I found that I think would look good on the bed.  And these to go with them...

This is what I have in mind for our headboard...


I want to find some wood or some hardwood floor and stain it very dark brown.  I love this look!

And for our furniture, we have this picked out...

It is from Ikea and we just love this style.  We would also get the chest of drawers in the set.

I am also looking at some yellow accents to go in the room.  I am going to paint all of the picture frames a dark brown as well so they all match.  

Now...to find the time and money to do this little project!  ;)


I will leave you with this awesome video that I found on how to fold fitted sheets.  I hate fitted sheets, so I was happy to find an easy way to fold them.  

Hope this helps you as much as it did me!



Julia

6 comments:

  1. I love the yellow! I think you should go for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you know we are always up for an Ikea trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the yellow would look great. I especially love the pillows and the head board you have picked out. Yellow is one of my new favorite colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie!

    I'm a new follower of your blog and glad I found you!
    I agree! Love the yellow.

    Have a great weekend

    Kerry
    www.ohsoamelia.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could always paint your headboard dark and get a solid blue comforter and add all your cute pops of color. It will make for a cheap and amazing transformation :-)

    Denyse
    www.glitterglueandpaint.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have talked to hubby about painting it, but our furniture was a wedding gift from family and we are afraid to paint it. (It is solid wood furniture from Thomasville Furniture) BUT, we are thinking about getting a KING bed and saving this set for one of our boys to have when they get married. I hope I can work on our Room Transformation soon!! Thanks for stopping by!! Julia

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips