Friday, February 1, 2013

Body Turnaround Challenge: Week 4!



It is time for my Body Turnaround Challenge Week 4 update!

As promised, I am also going to add some of my favorite snacks that I use to help me stay on track!

First...we have to get down to business and find out how much I lost and this week.

Well, I only lost 1 pound this week... BUT slow and steady wins the race, right?!?!
I can tell that I have lost some inches and a good friend told me that you have to loose inches before you loose weight.  :)
I finally found my tape measure and will add my inch loss in next week.  I really wish I had my tape measure 4 weeks ago, but that is okay!  

So, after this week...all total I have lost 7 pounds.

Starting weight: 175
Today: 168!!

Want a recap of my weightloss so far?


On to Pictures....



Please excuse the dirty in the bathroom mirror fuzzy pictures.  LOL

I can really tell a difference in my profile....


Would you love some healthy recipes for snacks?  :)

I tried this one the other night and it was so good!  My kids loved them too!

Oven Roasted Garbanzo Beans



1 can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained, or 1 ½ to 2 cups cooked chickpeas
2 medium cloves of garlic, pressed or finely minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ teaspoon kosher salt, or more to taste
freshly ground pepper to taste
½ teaspoon granulated garlic
1 teaspoon dried herb such as basil, thyme, parsley, rosemary, mint, etc (optional)

Preheat the oven to 400.

Drain the chickpeas but do not rinse. Return them to the bowl then gently pat them dry with a paper towel. Toss them in the olive oil and salt, pepper, granulated garlic and herb of your choice. Spread the chickpeas on a lightly greased baking sheet in a single layer.

Roast the chickpeas for 30-40 minutes. Every 10 minutes or so, use a spatula to roll the chickpeas around for even browning. Some of the chickpeas may pop like popcorn as they cook, so be careful when you are stirring them. Take them out when they are crunchy and deep golden brown with some dark caramelized spots.


Yummy!!!

Another one of my favorites:


I am not sure what you would call this...but I call it yummy goodness!  :)

1 container cherry tomatoes halved
1 can chick peas drained and rinced
1 avocado cut into 1 inch squares
1 tablespoon of diced onion
1 teaspoon of minced garlic
the juice of 1 lime
salt and pepper to taste

This is super fresh and so good to eat for a healthy snack!

I am also loving my Snack Bars for snacks and finding new recipes for my Smoothees!
I even give my kids the Smoothee powder to drink and put in their oatmeal.  They love it and it gives them extra protein. 


Another one of my favorite snacks is a little bit of dark chocolate....


I keep it in the fridge and get two squares every day for a little treat.  I feel like I am "cheating", but really the dark chocolate is good for me!


I also have healthy leftovers as a snack.
We ate taco salad for dinner one night this week and I put the left overs in a glass bowl and ate it the next day.  Yum!

Come back Monday to see how I fix healthy Meatloaf!

To follow my weightloss daily, and for money saving tips, please visit me on Facebook HERE!



Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. You have some great recipes here! I'm going to have to try the roasted chickpeas since I love them even plain. Yumm. Thanks for sharing your inspiring journey. I haven't shared mine on my blog at all and I likely won't until I've succeeded at losing a significant amount of weight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Miranda! I hope you like the chick peas! They are so good! I can't wait to read about your story! I bet you are doing a great job! :)

      Delete
  2. Woohoo! I so relate to this journey you're on. I wrote about it too and it helped, along with support and finding things that motivated me enough to make it to goal. It feels good to be working on going where they want to go. Keep up the great work! Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips