Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Goodbye Mop and Bucket!...


Dont we all like to save more and waste less? 
I know I do!

A couple of days ago, I was at my friend's house, and her cat knocked their oil lamp off onto the hardwood floor in their dining room and oil went everywhere.  She looked at me and asked the best way she should clean it up, and we decided that our favorite concentrated cleaner should do the trick.  
She brought out her mop and cleaned the floor with the concentrated cleaner and all of the oil came up in one cleaning!  Since I also use the cleaner, I decided that I would get this awesome mop too!
She told me that she got it from Walmart, so the next day, I went out and bought me one.  

It is called a Rubbermaid Reveal.  Basically, you use the microfiber pad provided with the mop, and you can wash it an re-use it up to 100 times!  That is what really caught my eye!
Currently, I am using a conventional mop and bucket.  I don't change my mop head enough because they are expensive so I don't even want to think about how much bacteria has to be in my mop because I don't change it often.  YUCK!!  I love that you can just peel this microfiber pad off and wash it.  I love saving money!!

So, this is what it looks like...


It is a very big mop that covers over a foot of floor at a time.


Save more...waste less!


It comes with a refillable bottle so you can choose your own solution.  I LOVE this!  I have used swiffer in the past and the solutions just streak my hardwood floors and I didn't like them.


It is a very lightweight mop that has a handle with a trigger on it to spray the solution on the floor.  Pretty simple!


What I used in my Reveal mop is this awesome Basic H2 Concentrated Cleaner, and Basic G Concentrated Germicide.  Both are Organic and since they are concentrated, they last me forever!  My last bottle of these cleaners lasted me two years!!  That is saving money!!



The bottle has a line to show you where to fill the water to and where to fill the solution too.  I didn't really follow this since my solution is so concentrated.  I just made sure I didn't go over the fill line.  I put 2 teaspoons of each solution in the bottle.  That is ALL!


Here it is all ready.  (The Basic G is green and that is why the solution looks greenish.)


All ready to go!  (I did figure out after I took this picture that you have to take the blue foam ring off for it to work!)  


Now my floors are clean, shiny, and sanitized all at the same time!



No more mop and bucket for me!!


Thanks for stopping by!!

If you would like to get more money saving tips, follow me on Facebook today!



Photobucket

24 comments:

  1. That looks awesome Julia!! I am adding it to my list NOW! Besides being a better way to clean it will make it so much easier to spot clean for me. My cats are constantly tipping over the water bottle and spilling it everywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica, you will LOVE it! The microfiber pad is very absorbent too! Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  2. I love this. My steam mop finally gave up last week and I didn't want to spend money on another one. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome!! Thanks so much for coming by and I hope your day is fabulous!!

      Delete
  3. I have a Reveal too and LOVE it! So much better than lugging the mop and bucket around, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it the best!?!? I can't believe that I waited this long to get one! Hope you have a great day!!

      Delete
  4. I have something similar, but no cleaner attachment to it. I may have to look into this Reveal! Thanks for the tip!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Nici! Thanks for stopping by! I forgot to post that it was only $20! Such a great deal! I hope you have a blessed day!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Awesome, Diana! I know you will love it! I love your blog by the way! :)

      Delete
  6. Friend = Me and I love this mop because I get to use my Shaklee without having to fill up the sink (we don't own a bucket)!!! My husband even uses it without complaining, too much!!! It is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Friend!! You are the reason this post is even here! Love ya!!

      Delete
  7. I bought a Libman mop that is similar in that it has microfiber pads that go in the wash. I am super jealous that yours squirts like a swifter! Mine comes with a solution in a bottle that you hand squirt onto the surface you are cleaning, then mop up. I think yours is bigger than mine too. What a drag! Now I feel cheated. haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Just go buy you one of these! :) It was only $20!! Hope you have a blessed day!

      Delete
  8. Your floor is beautiful. Thanks for the tip!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christine! I love my hardwood floors and wouldn't change them for anything! I hope you have a blessed day!

      Delete
  9. I love this with the refillable bottle! I need this in our house. I use a Shark mop most of the time, but sometimes it's a pain dragging the cord all around the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Emily! This is so much easier, and that red pad can be washed over 100 times!! I love saving money! :)

      Delete
  10. In the past I used a steam mop but mine broke quite a while ago and I have just been doing it on my hands and knees.......so its not getting done nearly as often as it should. I am going to look into one of these! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh bless your heart! Yes, go get you one! You don't need to be cleaning Cinderella style... LOL!! Hope you find it and like it! Julia

      Delete
    2. Great job on your blog Julia~ Your living room looks great by the way. And now I want that mop, and those cleaners for my floors!

      Delete
    3. Thanks for stopping by! I am so glad you like my living room and if you get the mop and cleaners, you will love them too! Julia

      Delete
  11. I want this mop now! I have a steam cleaner and a mop just like that one, but it doesn't have a bottle attached. I spray and wipe, but this would be so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha! I just found this comment! Sorry! Yes, You need to get one of these and I bought an extra mop to go with it so i have one clean at all times! You will love it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips