Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My Birthday...

Isn't it funny that when you are older, your birthdays don't seem as...exciting as they used to???
Ha Ha!
I realized last Friday that my birthday was Monday (yesterday).  When I was a kid, I had my birthday mapped out and on the calendar for months trying to figure out what present I wanted, what kind of party I wanted, and what food my Mom was going to make me for dinner that night.  (A tradition in our house while growing up that I plan on doing for my boys.)
Now, it is just like another day.  ;)
Don't get me wrong, I did have a fabulous day with a couple of awesome surprises.

When I woke up yesterday, I noticed that Ryan was sick.  I was so upset that he was sick AGAIN, when we just got him over being sick a week ago.  I spent an hour in his room taking care of him and trying to get him to breathe better yesterday morning.
I felt so sorry for him!  
Ryan's nurse came and helped me get him breathing better and also brought me a gift!  She brought me a basket, a book, and an Owl necklace.  Anyone who knows me, knows that I LOVE owls!!

You can see this beautiful Owl necklace in the picture above.  I wore it yesterday and LOVE it!  It is so cute!!
I received tons of calls and Facebook alerts yesterday!  I was so overwhelmed with all of the love that I received!
When my Hubby got home, he took me to Roanoke to eat at the Olive Garden.  Yummy!!!  My friend, April, called me before we left and told me about the promotion going on for a FREE appetizer.  Thanks April!!  :)

When we got to the Olive Garden, I decided to text my friend, Cristen (who also has a child named Waverly with MDS just like our son, Ryan) and let her know that we were in town.  Funny thing is that they were in the store RIGHT NEXT DOOR to Olive Garden!!  I got to see the whole family, which was a huge surprise!!  I always love it when I can see them!  I had been missing my Waverly!!

Waverly (on her mommy's lap) and the Family  :)

Seeing Waverly and her family helped pass the time.  Olive Garden had a 25-30 minute wait and we were starving!  :)

For our FREE appetizer, we got this:


OH MY!!  This was the best thing I have ever eaten....EVER!!!  It is fried Lasagna.  It had cheese in the middle of lasagna noodles that were then breaded and fried.  It is laid on a bed on Alfredo and topped with marinara sauce and more cheese.  Joe said that I have to learn to make this or he will divorce me.  ;)

By the time we ate our appetizer, salad, and breadsticks, I was STUFFED!!!  I didn't know how I was going to eat my entree, but I ordered Stuffed (no pun intended) Chicken Marsala.  It was so good!!


I ate some of it and brought most of it home.  

I love Olive Garden Mints  :)


After eating, we went to Old Navy and I bought some cute Outfits.  :)  I love shopping! 

We had a really nice time out!  I am so glad, despite Ryan being sick, that we were still able to go!  

Thanks for all of the Birthday Wishes!!

You can follow me on Facebook HERE!


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Love you Girl and I hope to see you soon!! Glad you had a good Time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great time. Hope your son feels better soon and Happy Birthday to you! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day! Happy Birthday again! I hope Ryan feels better real soon <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia, I just wanted to stop by and say "thanks" for visiting and following www.saving4six.com . Happy, happy birthday to you!! I found it interesting that your last name is Kendrick. My mom's maiden name is Kendrick and my grandfather (Kendrick) lived in Roanoake, Va and many of my Kendrick relatives live in that area.
    Anywhoo, just wanted to stop and say hi and thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips