Saturday, September 15, 2012

Jewelry Organization....


Just like everyone else, I have been browsing on Pinterest.  ;)

I found a really fun way to display and organize my necklaces here:

This photo is from Pinterest

Isn't it great?!?!  I would have never thought of this on my own. 

I went to our local Dollar General and bought a 12 pack of hooks for $5 and then went to Lowes and bought a Hand Towel Hanger.  

This is how mine turned out:


It was so nice to finally go through all of my jewelry that was laying in various places all over the house and organize it all in one place.  

I also made some really neat earring holders:



I used some old box lids that I had laying around and some cheap beading from the craft store.  It turned out great!  I am planning on finding some thick brown ribbon to put down the exposed side that you can see.  I just didn't have any on hand when I made this last night.  
The beads keep the earrings from sliding around and I just love how they turned out!

I also took another box lid and cut it in half to make a little shelf:



We also bought the shelf hangers from Lowes.  I have all of my watches, rings, and stud earrings on my shelf.  I LOVE this shelf!  

Since I also LOVE owls ;).... I made a little owl art for the whole wall.  The owl came from Joann Fabric (It was a fan and I took the handle off and used some stud earrings for the eyes.)


Isn't he just so cute?!?!

Here are some pictures of the finished product all together:



I am so in love with it, but the only bad thing is that my Husband can now see all of the jewelry that I have.  ;)  Maybe I need to still have a hiding spot for some of it so he doesn't know when I buy more.  LOL



Please follow me on facebook HERE for money saving information!

If you would like to know more about the All Natural Cleaning products I use, please go HERE.




Photobucket

22 comments:

  1. That is just perfect for the girl who loves has lots of pretty jewelry! Popping in from DearCreatives.com Stop by anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo adorable! Love all the coordinating boxes.. you make me wish I had lots more accessories! Thanks for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party.. I am your newest follower too~
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super cute way to keep all your jewelry handy and organized, your new follower :) Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. Your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am following back!
    Your jewelry looks great. I especially like the shelf with the watches. I like staring at the picture, so I would be really happy looking at it in person. It is fun to get excited about what we create. Yes, I am a Pinterest addict.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! I've been on a big organizing kick lately so this is giving me some great ideas. Thanks so much for linking up at Etcetorize this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So creative and so cute!

    I'm hosting my first linky party - would love for you to join in:

    http://westernwarmth.blogspot.com/2012/09/weekend-warmth.html

    Thanks,
    Bobi

    ReplyDelete
  8. So love what you did - I get so much inspiration from Pinterest too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great ideas! We should definitely follow each other!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are some very practical ideas that are also CUTE enough to display!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday over at Sugar Bee Crafts - you were featured today! - Mandy, www.SugarBeeCrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What great ideas! I especially love how you hang your earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad I'm following you! What a genius idea. I'm definitely going to be doing this. Thanks for sharing:)

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Way to go Julia!! Great ideas! Everything looks so nice together on the wall!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous! I love it. Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is amazing how much more beautiful your jewelry looks when it is more organized, isnt it? Thank you for sharing your wonderful ideas at our linky party at http://www.finecraftguild.com/ & we love seeing you back there this week with another project!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is the best idea! We totally need this for our necklaces! We would love to have you join us for our Strut Your Stuff Saturday at sixsistersstuff.com! -The Six Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just saw this on My Girlish Whims. What a great idea! If you haven’t already, I hope you’ll visit "One Creative Weekend" on OneCreativeMommy.com (open every Fri-Wed) and link up this idea and anything else you’d like to share.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely love the hooks for necklaces. My necklaces will be thanking you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday, I featured this on my blog today! Come stop by and grab a featured button: http://www.mygirlishwhims.com/2012/09/your-whims-wednesday-78-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the feature!! I really appreciate it! :)

      Delete
  21. Julia,
    LOVE IT! This is awesome. My daughter and I could both use this for all our jewelry. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share this week. Have a great week.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips