Thursday, August 18, 2011

First day....

Of School and....Couch to 5k!  And....I made it off of the couch!  :p

I got the boys up at 6:45 yesterday morning and got them all dressed and ready.  Ryan has been extremely junky for the last few weeks so I was really nervous about him going to school yesterday, but he woke up sounding great!  I had his nurse go to the school at 8am to help when he got there just incase he was junky and needed to be sucked out or have a breathing treatment. He had a wonderful day!  Zack was excited yesterday but told me he was nervous at the same time.  He got on the bus just fine and his cousin, Victoria, is going to be getting off here at the house in the afternoons.  That will help Zack have someone to play with for a while.

Back to Ryan's "junkyness"...I bought a dehumidifier to see if maybe the humidity was the problem so we will see if it helps.  I have tried a lot of other things to help him and we just can't figure out what the problem is.  The last thing we are going to try is changing his formula for a week and see if the secretions get better.  I hate to do this because I love his new formula and the concept of it, so hopefully the dehumidifier will do the trick.  I did get a call from his lung Dr. and they said that I could increase his secretion medicine two more tabs a day if he needs it.

Yesterday I successfully completed week one day one of couch to 5k.  Don't laugh!!!  It wasn't easy!  You walk for 5 minutes to warm up and then you run 60 seconds and walk 90 seconds for 20 minutes.  I didn't know I could run for a whole minute without stopping, but I did!  I really surprised myself yesterday.  I have ordered some more Shaklee protein shake mixes to drink after I work out.  They now have caffe late flavor and I also bought Strawberry flavor.  I also bought the energy chews.  I have tried them before and they are really good and really work.  I was literally jumping off the walls.  It says to take one or two and I took two...should have taken one.  I know what Zack feels like having all of that energy all the time..  ha ha!

Today I start day two of C to 5k and hopefully I will do well with that too!  My friend actually asked me yesterday if I wanted to run a 5k with her on October 1st.  I should be finished with the program by then.....so....I said yes!  I am really nervous about it but I think it is because I just started my training YESTERDAY!  :o)

Well, I guess that is all for today.  I am still working on getting a post up from disney and I have started to sew and make things so I may be doing some blogs on some of the things I have made and will be making.  Hope you have a wonderful day!


Photobucket

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips