Friday, June 10, 2011

A couple of things...

1.  Waverly is home!!!  She came home from the hospital on Monday.  She is doing well and did not require the Nissen procedure.  Please pray for her and her family as they adjust to their new life at home with her and all of the things that come with having a child with special needs.

2. School has been out for a week and it is tough!  I have tried to find things for the boys to do outside of the house, but I haven't been feeling well since school let out.  My sinuses/allergies have been bothering me really bad.  I am taking Zyrtec and sudafed (sp?) along with Motrin for my sore throat.  They now have a pool that they can swim in anytime and that has been nice.  They love the water and I love to sit with my feet in the water and watch them play.  I hope we can go to the museum here in Martinsville one day and hopefully we can find some other things to do along the way.  Zack is going on vacation with his Grandparents in two weeks and we are going on another trip just with Zack in August before school starts. (It is a secret and he doesn't know where we are going and I am not telling you either.)  :)  He will probably also be going to stay with his other Grandparents for a week in July.

3. Oreo had her kittens.  She had them yesterday (Thursday)  and had SIX.  They are so cute!  Two of them are gray tabby and the other six are black like her.  She is doing so well with them and is such a good mama.  She lets me and Elma (Ryan's nurse) go in and pet her and look at the kittens, but she gets nervous when the kids come in to see her.  She doesn't get as upset with Zack as she does with Trevor.  LOL!
We are hoping to find them all good homes.  I will post some pictures of them soon.  The kids are going to love to watch them grow over the next 6 weeks.  If you want a kitten or the mama cat (she is such a good girl!) let me know!  :)

4.  Ryan received his iPad last week and he LOVES it!  It was donated to him and we are helping to pay for the cost by taking up donations for his birthday.  He is doing so well with the iPad and he knows that he has to touch the screen to make it work.  Of course....the two other children fight over it and think that it is theirs too, so we are having to set some rules with it so everyone gets a turn.  We feel EXTREMELY blessed to have gotten an iPad for Ryan and we are so thankful for the people who made it possible to get him one.

5.  I am SO grateful to have Ryan's nurse Elma!  It has made the summer much easier for me!  Last year I was stuck in the house all day by myself will all three kids and I couldn't go anywhere.  So here is a big shout out to Elma!  We love and appreciate all you do for us and Ryan!!!!

I think that is all for today.  I will get some pictures on here soon.  I know I have been a slacker with my blog recently, but I will try to do better!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips