Thursday, April 7, 2011

Trying to stay afloat...

People ask me all the time, "How do you do you keep your house clean and take care of the kids and seem to have it all together all the time?"  Well, sometimes I feel like a complete failure, but I really try to stay on top on everything around here and if I don't then it will all crumble down on top of me.  EEK!

The kids:
I have given the kids 1/2 of my kitchen island.  I know!  That was so nice of me wasn't it?  ha ha

I made sure that all of their toys had a basket and I labeled them all so not only do the boys know where they go, but Joe and I know where they go too.  I think this turned out great!  Thanks Joe!

I make sure that their toys are put up every evening before they go to bed.  No messes are left behind.

I make sure that both kids brush their teeth every night, and now we are teaching Zack how to floss.  (Fun times!)  :)

I pick out their clothes the night before for the next day.   I also lay out any medicines they may take in the morning and fill their book bags with what they need the night before.  When I get the kids up in the morning everything is done and laid out for each child.  It makes the morning run very smoothly!

Ryan's organization is for another blog.  He has about 10 - 12 medicines he takes daily and some are twice a day, so you can imagine how much I have to take care of with him.  He has tons of medical supplies too.  I just keep everything in his room and make sure it is as neat and organized as I can get it.  

Cleaning:
I usually clean the bathrooms once a week.  I check on them every day to see if they need a quick wipe down and I try to keep them as clean as possible.  

I go in Ryan's room and wipe everything down once a week.

I HATE to dust and try to dust everything once a week.  

I keep all of the dishes washed and put up.  As soon as dinner is over, I clean up everything and load the dishwasher.  If there are dishes that don't fit in the dishwasher I will hand wash them.  I just try to put the things in the dishwasher that are eaten off of or need to be sanitized.  I usually unload the dishwasher the next morning or during nap time.  I wipe the dining room table and all counter tops off in the evening after I clean up dinner.  

I do laundry almost every day.  I used to try to do it on Wednesday and on the weekend, but it started to get too piled up for me.  I try to put them away as soon as I get them out of the dryer, but sometimes that doesn't happen.  :)  I at least try to fold everything so it doesn't wrinkle.  Dusting and Laundry are my 2 most hated chores!

I bought a new Shark Vac and LOVE it.  I try to run the vacuum every evening after the kids go to bed or every couple of days.  Just whatever it needs.  I also try to mop the floors once a week.

Ok, typing this blog is making me sleepy.  When I write all of this down it seems like SO much!  :)  How do I keep it all done?  Who knows...

One major thing that I try to do every day is to make our bed and straighten our room and bathroom.  I always keep the living area of our house clean and picked up, but sometimes our room is put on the back burner.  I am trying to do better about that.  

Here are some good pictures that I took of the boys this week...  (and Zack wouldn't let me take his picture AGAIN so there are no pictures of Zack...sorry!)





And ME!




Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. You are such a good Momma! :) Love your new kitchen it is so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips