Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tomorrow is a new day!

I had the privilege of meeting Ryan's new nurse today, and she is wonderful!  I am so lucky and believe she is going to fit right in to our crazy family.  She officially starts tomorrow morning at 10am.  I am keeping Ryan out of school tomorrow and Thursday so I can train her on how to take care of him.  She is an LPN and is very familiar with all of the medical things that Ryan needs.  This nursing agency has gone above and  beyond to help us find a nurse, and the nurse seems great.  She has a paper that she will have to fill out every day and take notes on that I will have to sign.  It will show what she did with Ryan that day and she will have to document everything.  I really like this a lot because the other nurses didn't have to do this.  The papers will be kept in a notebook and stay with Ryan at all times.  The only thing I am not sure about is the respite hours.  If we wanted her to come beyond her 40 hours a week I will have to call social services and have them come out and do a screening to see if we qualify for the extra time.  I will have to call tomorrow to get the ball rolling on this because the supervisor said that it could take four to six weeks to complete the process.  Well, it has been a long day and I have to get Trevor out of the Christmas tree.....I have spanked him a thousand times already.  I will update soon!
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips