Monday, November 15, 2010

Shake the baby...

Yesterday afternoon a Respiratory Therapist came by the house to show us how to use Ryan's vest.  I really had no idea what to expect when we turned it on, but I didn't expect it to shake him so hard.  When the therapist was here he acted like he liked it and was talking and smiling.  When I put it on him again later in the evening (he has to do it 2 times a day for 20 mins each) he wined and cried through the whole 20 minutes.  The good thing is that he didn't have any seizures.  He woke up this morning and sounded like his sinuses were draining and it was making him cough and gag.  I guess we will see if the vest is going to help him or not now.  When he has sinus drainage, it can drain in his lungs and cause a respiratory infection or even pneumonia.  Hopefully he will tolerate it so we can help move the mucous out of his lungs.

This is what it looks like

Ryan after a treatment


So now we are waiting to hear from Make A Wish STILL, and I may be meeting Ryan's new LPN this week.  Her name is Elma and that is all I know.  I don't know the hours she is going to work or anything.  Hopefully that will all work out too.




Trevor and Zack are silly!


I thought this was an awesome picture!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Zack and Trevor are adorable in that picture!!
    Ryan did not look like he minded being shaken too badly. hopefully it will help him! See you in a week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips