Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Zack and Trevor's Room....

I am working on re-decorating/painting the boy's room.  I have so many ideas swimming in my head.  I think I have it figured out....
This is the comforter that I picked out for them....
Hometrends Ellington Complete Bedding Set, Blue / Brown
We are putting their bunk beds together and putting Trevor on the bottom bunk and Zack on the top. (Obviously!)  I wanted to get them something that would last a long time and they wouldn't grow out of it so quickly and that was hard with their age difference.  I think this comforter will look really good.  We are painting the walls blue (color in the comforter.)  Then.....I am putting this on the wall.....
Dotted Tree Wall Decal
and this....
The first "decal" I am putting on the wall on the left just as you come in the door.  The branches and Owl's I am putting one on either side of the window.  I still have to find a rug (I think I am going to get a dark tan "shag" type rug) and I have to get curtains (dark tan).  We are waiting until christmas to do the room because #1 we wont have the comforters until then (they are a christmas present) and #2 because Trevor isn't quite ready for a big bed yet.  I have their night stands but just need to find two cute lamps and we will also have to find a really cute light fixture to put in place of the fan.  Zack will be able to reach the fan from his top bunk.  I also have a really cute Idea for their names to put on the wall.  I am going to buy fabric that is modern (and matches OF COURSE!) and make some kind of art  to hang on the wall with that and if I don't use fabric then I will paint something modern for them myself.  (Trying to keep cost down)  Hopefully I will find the things that I want and the room will look like the image in my head.  I am also staining the existing shelves that are in the room a dark brown after we sand and fix one of them.  I love to do crafts and decorate so waiting to do this project is killing me!  Patience...Patience...Patience!!  :0)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips