Monday, August 16, 2010

Make A Wish (I will refer to it as MAW in my post)...

Sorry it has been so long since my last post.  I have been busy traveling with the kids before school starts.  I guess I am ready for school, but am still a little nervous about Ryan going full time.  I am going to the school Wednesday (His start day) at 9am to make sure the School is comfortable tube feeding him and drawing up his medicines.  I know he is in EXCELLENT hands, but still....my hands are the best!  =0)

On to MAW.... I received a letter in the mail on Saturday that stated that they do not grant wishes that involve construction.  That means the bedroom/playroom/sun room addition is off the table for asking.  I am still going to "bring it up" in the meeting I will have with the trained volunteers that are coming to the house to interview us though.  I now have no idea what to ask for.  (I feel funny saying, "what I am going to ask for" when it is Ryan's wish, but as we all know he can't speak for himself so anyways.....
Joe and I talked about going on the all popular Disney Trip, but just feel like it would be alot to take on right now with a 1 year old and we would have to take the kids out of school for a week to go because we wouldn't want to go when it was really hot.  The other things that I thought of was to have the driveway paved.  Will MAW think that is construction too???  Who knows?  I also thought about asking for a wheelchair lift for the van, but the note also said that they didn't buy medical equipment and I have no idea if they would consider that medical or not, but it sounds pretty medical to me.  So now I am thinking....do we even need to do this if we can't get anything out of it that will benefit Ryan.  I also thought about getting Ryan a Hot Tub because he loves to be in warm water with jets, but where in the world would we put a hot tub?  I don't feel like it would be easy to get him in and out of it and would be too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter for him to use it if it was outside.  (which is exactly where it would have to be.)  I am just going to let the volunteers come out and try to help us make a decision on what would be best for Ryan.  I was just so bummed when I read "no construction" on that paper.  My heart just sank.....
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips